Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

To celebrate the holiday, my friend, Leslie, owner of Sutter-Day Architects located in Libertyville, IL, sent me this card (click to enlarge it):


(Inside reads: They’ll have eggs plastered all over the front of them.)

OMG, this card is too funny! Can you relate to it? I can.....Each Halloween now for several years, I’ve handed out “healthful” or “non-food alternatives” such as raisins and pencils, just like the card says. (My friend knows me well.)

Yes, I’m a “health” nut or I should say “healthier” nut or let’s totally rephrase that: I’m just a “nut”. Ha! (I like to think of myself as a nut in a positive light--full of imagination and creativity. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t. Peter Paul’s Almond Joy’s got nuts. Peter Paul’s Mounds don’t because sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t!) Ah, the power of childhood commercial jingles.....

Leslie, my dear, because of your Halloween card, this year I’m adding to the mix. I bought a huge bag of nasty, sugary candy. (more business for Dr. Dressler at Mercury Free Dental) Candy plus a funky, decorated PENCIL for everyone who comes Trick or Treating to our house. (Bet you can’t guess what I sent you in the mail for Halloween. I'm sending you the leftovers too!)

To everyone else, have a Happy Halloween. Thanks for supporting my"alternative" art endeavors and reading my "nutty" creative writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment