Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How Do I Love Thee

It's Valentine's Day.  For our Lucy with her many pet names such as Lucy Dog, Lovie Dog, Lover Dog, Lil Girl, Sweet Pea, Sweetie, Sweetie Pie and Sugar Plum, it means a new toy.  "Arf", she says with delight!

We gave her a little pink pig with a squeaker in it.  Squeak, squeak, squeak--all day and throughout the evening.  We are certainly glad she is enjoying it.  It's a little thing that means a bunch to her.  Keeping her mind stimulated, keeps her out of trouble.

Lucy and her new stuffed toy
This picture of Lucy with her tongue out reminds me of a television commercial from my childhood...

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Charms Blow Pop?

What does that have to do with Lucy, you ask?  For her, the commercial would be...

"How many chews does it take to get the squeaker out of my new toy?"

Lucy unstuffing her toy to get the squeaker
How do I love thee? Let me count thy chews....

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of Lucy with the stuffing all around her!

    ReplyDelete